Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Beginnings

So, I've thought about starting a blog for a while now and I finally decided to do it.  There was a lot of back and forth about it because I feel like everyone has a blog.  But, ultimately, I think I'll enjoy it! Here's why:

1.  I have a passion for walking through life with other women.  The Lord has taught me so much about what it means to be his daughter and to be in community with other believers.  I want to share what the Lord is revealing to me.  I don't want other young women to make the mistakes I have/will make.  I want to celebrate being a daughter of the king!

2.  I'm a newlywed.  I am married to a handsome and loving man.  He teaches me daily what it means to walk with the Lord.  Marriage is no joke.  Seriously.  I love it, but sharing the bed ain't easy when he steals the covers.  I want to share some of the experiences we've had.  I want single women to know that getting married doesn't solve all your problems.  Marriage is two sinful individuals entering into a covenant with an almighty God.  It is not without times of distress and disappointment, but oh, what a beautiful picture of grace it is!

3. I love to cook.  I want to share some of the recipes I've tried and hopefully get some suggestions from readers! (wink wink- hint hint)

I want this to be a place where I can share my life with you.  I'm a sassy, southern woman, and I love me some Jesus.  Needless to say, this should be interesting start to a new year.

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one sassy southern girl to another....bring it on....this is going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete